Arnold Street to Academy Street

Kaytlin Black, Reporter

If you are a resident of Boiling Springs, you may have noticed the recent change from Arnold Street to Academy Street in the school addresses. The South Middleton Township changed all of the signs in early October, generating several questions from the student body. For many years in Boiling Springs, the addresses for Iron Forge Educational Center (Iron Forge Elementary School), Yellow Breeches Middle School, and Boiling Springs High School have all been 4 Forge Road. That address will be soon made inaccurate by Cumberland County GIS (Geographic Information System). The GIS is working with the US Postal Service and our local government to get the addresses changed.

There is no specific date for the legal aspect to be changed, but the change has been sought out for about a year now. After speaking with Mr. Michael Berk and Mr. Zachary Gump they shared some information about the changes. There were few discussions with the school board, but it ultimately came down to the decision of the local police and fire departments.  Michael Berk, former president of the school board, stated that “The idea came from the consultation of the police and fire department, and we find it important for the safety of the students and faculty to update the address for a more rapid response time.” The school’s new addresses are listed on the smsd.us website and are here listed below.

South Middleton School District

Administration Office, Suite 100

4 Academy Street

Boiling Springs, PA 17007

Iron Forge Elementary School

4 Academy Street, Suite 200

Boiling Springs, PA 17007

South Middleton School District

Building & Grounds Department

9 Academy Street

Boiling Springs, PA 17007

Boiling Springs High School

21 Academy Street

Boiling Springs, PA 17007

Yellow Breeches Middle School

30 Academy Street

Boiling Springs, PA 17007